External News and Events
Prize - Art in Translation Student Prize
Art in Translation Student Prize: £250
Art in Translation offers a fresh perspective on global art writing and practice, covering all areas of the visual arts.
To expand our advisory network, to locate texts that lie outside the Western canon, and to engage young scholars in its project, Art in Translation is offering an annual prize of £250 for the best recommendation of a text worthy of translation and publication.
The competition is open to registered University students of art history or related disciplines, either undergraduate or postgraduate. The recommended text must already have been published in a language other than English, and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Groundbreaking within the field and in the broader field of visual studies
- Accurately reflects current concerns and issues in the subject area
- Highly representative of the source culture and methodology
- Valuable introductory text, opening an initial path into areas of research and scholarship unfamiliar to the target readership
- A classic text within the source language, not necessarily focused on the source culture
- A classic text within the source language, focused on the source culture
- A text that makes a significant contribution to the global practice and understanding of art history and visual culture
Closing date: 31 October 2012