External News and Events
AAH Art History Careers Day 2012
Art History Careers Day 2012
27 October 2012 - The Kenneth Clark Lecture Theatre, The Courtauld Institute of Art
The Association of Art Historians is hosting a Careers Day for all those interested in pursuing a career in the arts on the 27th October in the Courtauld Institute of Art. Located in the centre of London, the Courtauld is an international hub of art historical research, and houses the world famous Courtauld Gallery. This year’s Careers Day welcomes a wide range of speakers, who will offer informative presentations on career paths into the art world, including museums, auction houses, art education, academia, libraries and archives. Whether you are preparing for postgraduate study, interested in a change of pace, or getting ready to embark into the real world, the AAH career’s day will help you along your way!
To help you get the most out of the day, we have arranged refreshments and informal networking breaks for participants, during which you will be able to engage personally with each of the speakers over a cup of coffee or a glass of wine.
This years speakers will include:
- Dr Rachel Sloan, Assistant Curator of Works on Paper, Courtauld Gallery.
- Dr Christina Bradstreet, Director of Career Services, Sotheby’s Institute of Art.
- Dr Matt Lodder, Finance and Policy Manager, Association of Art Historians.
- Annette Richardson, Head of Education, Somerset House.
- Alexis Ashot, Old Masters Specialist, Christie’s, London.
- Sara Wallace, Senior Library Assistant, Sackler Library, University of Oxford
The Autumn Careers Day is open to all AAH members and non-members, and is primarily aimed at art historians at an undergraduate level. Places for this event are extremely limited and must be reserved in advance.
Booking must be done online by clicking here