AAH Undergraduate Careers Event 2011
Saturday 22 October 2011 10:30 – 5:30
Department of Art History, University of York
Berrick Saul Building
The Association of Art Historians is hosting its first Undergraduate Careers Day in the state-of-the-art Berrick Saul Building at the University of York. This historic and lively town will be the venue for a day dedicated to the interests of art history undergraduates as they launch their careers in this competitive marketplace.
This year we are delighted to announce an impressive range of speakers who will offer informative presentations on future career paths into the art world, job prospects in academia, publishing, funding, curatorship and more! To help students get the most out of the day, we have arranged informal networking breaks. Participants will be able to engage personally with each of the speakers over lunch, refreshments, and a glass of wine.
Students will also be offered a tour of the dynamic Norman Rea Gallery.
- Dr Christina Bradstreet, Director Careers, Sotheby’s Institute
- Dr Hugh Brigstocke, Editor, Walpole Society Journal
- Dr Sarah Burnage, Curator, William Etty Exhibition, York Art Gallery
- Matthew Klise, HA@STA, University of St. Andrews
- Claire Mayoh, Archivist, Henry Moore Institute
- Amanda Phillips, Learning and Access Officer, Leeds Art Gallery
- Dr Charles Ridgeway, Curator, Castle Howard
- Jane Sillis, Director of Arts Administrative Fund, Engage
- Student Finances University of York
- Dr Sarah Turner, Head of British Art Research Studies,University of York
There is a £5.00 attendance fee, which includes lunch, refreshments and a wine reception, as well as a tour of the Norman Rea Gallery. Places are limited and must be booked in advance. Use the online booking form at http://www.aah.org.uk/students or directly by clicking here.
Booking is now open to all AAH members, and non-members from 15 June 2011. Deadline 15 October 2011
- Undergraduate Careers Event
- Location: University of York
- Date: Saturday, 22nd October 2011
Saturday 22 October 2011 10:30 - 5:30
Department of Art History, University of York Berrick Saul Building
£5.00 per head. Booking open to Members only until 15th June 2011