Museums & Exhibitions Group
The Museums and Exhibitions Members' Group represents the interests of museums and gallery employees in the UK, and members who are interested in pursuing a career in the museum profession. In addition, the Group aims to create a cross-dialogue between academics and curators, and be advocates for art historical research in museums.
Find out more about the AAH Museums and Exhibitions group's activities and events by clicking on the following links.
- watch this space...
- ‘Are Curators Academics?’: Study Day - read the report
Ashmolean Museum, Oxford
21 March 2013
- AAH2013 Annual Conference: M&E events
Special Interest Group session:
‘Putting it in Print: Exhibition Catalogues and the REF impact agenda
11 April 2013
- Academic Session:
‘Curating the Book: Exhibiting Books, Archives and Manuscripts’
M & E Bursary Awards
We currently administer two bursary schemes, each offering an award twice a year. To find out more about who is eligible for these awards and to read about recent projects that have benefited from this funding click on the link above.
- Collaboration Award (next deadline 1 November 2013)
- Individual Award (next deadline 1 November 2013)
- ‘Don’t Ask for the Mona Lisa’ : Guidelines for academics on how to
propose, prepare and organise a museum or gallery exhibition.
- Links to job sites specialising in museum jobs
- Notes on Volunteering
- Information on the AAH-funded Voluntary Work Fund
The AAH has negotiated with a number of galleries to entitle its members to free or discounted entry. A full list of current participating institutions is online at http://aah.org.uk/membership-benefits/concessions
If you are a Museums and Galleries professional and would like your gallery to become involved in the scheme, please email the AAH at email@example.com.