Museums & Exhibitions
The Museums and Exhibitions Members' Group represents the interests of museums and gallery professionals in the UK, and members who are interested in pursuing a career in a museum or gallery. We promote dialogues between academics and curators, and are advocates for art historical research in museums.
Want to know what's coming up? AAH members will receive regular e-updates, and non-members can sign up to our free mailing list.
Museums & Exhibitions Group-led Events
- Interest Session at AAH2016 Annual Conference; Internships: making the most out of the mutual benefit , 9 April 2016
- Study Day on Conservation and Scholarship: Research Collaborations’, National Gallery and Courtauld, 25 November 2015
- Making Space for Art Symposium, Royal Holloway University, June 2015
- M&E Academic Session at AAH2015 Annual Conference, 'Travelling Artworks'
- Internships: One-day Seminar, University of Kent, October 2014
- M&E Academic Session at AAH2014 Annual Conference, ‘Challenging conventions: Exploring hierarchies within the historiography of the fine and decorative arts’.
- M&E Special Interest Session at AAH2014, considered the erosion of specialist knowledge in museums and galleries.
- Teaching Within Collections: One-day Seminar, Laing Art Gallery, March 2012
Museums & Exhibitions Grant
The AAH Museums & Exhibitions Grant offered an individual award and a collaborative award for research-based art history projects. These awards were given twice a year, in May and November.
This award is currently under review along with other AAH grants. More details will be available online in due course.
- We publish Guidelines how to propose, prepare and organise an exhibition. These are available in hard copy and in downloadable pdf version
Useful Online Resources
- Links to job sites specialising in museum jobs
- Notes on Volunteering
- Information on the AAH-funded Voluntary Work Fund