Resident Historian on board Viking Ocean Cruises
A public enrichment figure on board Viking Ocean Cruises, delivering numerous high-level, historic, iconic presentations during a cruise.
- Delivering a weekly lecture during a six- to eight-week assignment on board one of Viking’s award-winning ocean ships. Presentation material and associated teaching notes will be provided by Viking. They will be destination related and cover historic events/periods/topics to provide guests with a broad understanding of the region.
- Holding 3-4 smaller roundtable-type gatherings on other related topics of your choice, to be agreed to in advance with Viking.
- Accompanying guests and supporting local guides on exclusive shore excursions.
- Hosting a table for guests at dinner during the cruise.
- Excellent and experienced public speaker able to deliver knowledgably, confidently and with passion.
- A master’s degree, preferably in History or Art History.
- Computer literate, including knowledge of PowerPoint.
- Dedicated, flexible team player, with a positive and approachable personality.
- Professional appearance / well groomed.
- Proactive in upholding Viking standards of excellence.
- Available to guests for questions, feedback and general inquiries.
- Excellent English language skills in both writing and speech; foreign language proficiency a plus.
- Able to be on board for up to 8 weeks at a time
Send Curriculum Vitae to Alison.email@example.com
Continual process of recruitment.